Marriage + A Mortgage
Most people decide to celebrate their first year of marriage with a blissful vacation –either in the whispering woods or on beautiful beaches.
We decided to buy a house.
In April 2016, we got hitched + went on a week long Hawaiian honeymoon. Fast forward to April 2017, we signed a contract for our first home to be built + went up north to stay the night in a quaint, vintage hotel. Ah, the beginning of compromising vacation for a mortgage.
A couple of weeks ago, the framing was put up, the electric went in + our hearts grew 2 more sizes, Grinch style. Ever since we decided we wanted to marry each other one day, we dreamed about our future together until we smiled so much our faces hurt. Then, standing in the skeleton of our new home, we realized our lives were happening right here in front of us. For so long we watched other couples make these big decisions like marriage + mortgage + babies. Now, it’s our turn. We are 2 for 3 (still loving being in the cool aunt + uncle phase) + are just in awe that we made it! The one thing Daniel + I have always remembered to remember (hey-yo!) is that every good + wonderful gift is from above. God is the one who put us in line with our jobs, who created the helpful people we signed the contract with, + who developed our discipline to save for the down payment. Now, I am not someone to preach at you, but I am someone who is going to give credit where credit should be given.
In honor of the faith Daniel + I share + our future, we decided to create a tangible way to build a solid foundation in our new home. This will be our gathering place. Our safe haven. It's where we will serve brunches + baked goods in our dining room. We'll celebrate birthdays that will end with deflated balloons but happiness in our hearts. We'll host holiday gatherings where our tummies will be full, scraps of wrapping paper will litter the floor, + the words to Silent Night will fill the hallways. It's where we'll bring our first baby home + send our littles ones off to school from the front porch. That is only a handful of what is yet to come, yet here I am, tearing up as I type.
Here is just a handful of verses we strewn across the framework of our home. The blessings will be there long before we move in + long after we move out. That way, each family that creates their own set of memories within these walls, will be touched by the Spirit for years to come.
"You will be blessed when you come in + blessed when you go out. - Deuteronomy 28:6
- "Every good + perfect gift is from above." - James 1:17
- "For He will command His angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways." -Psalm 91:11
- "My people will abide in a peaceful habitation, in secure dwelling, + in quiet resting places." - Isaiah 32:18
Future Children's Rooms:
- "For this child I prayed." - 1 Samuel 1:27
- "Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate." -Mark 10:9
- "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness + self-control." - Galatians 5:22-23
- "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you + not to harm you, plans to give you hope + a future." -Jeremiah 29:11
Feel free to incorporate this idea into your life or pass along to others - it can do only good. ♥